Call for Presentations
TIPS 2017 Winter Workshop.
Friday, January 13th, 2017
11:30AM (following the all-college meeting)
All members of the Randolph College faculty are invited to submit presentation proposals for the TIPS 2017 Winter Workshop.
“Share something that you do in the classroom that works.”
The perfect TIPS presentation is just that simple. Presenters should focus on actionable teaching innovations, practices, and strategies that have proven to be successful in the classroom and beyond. TIPS presentations should be short (7-10 minutes), informative and informal.
While presentations on all classroom innovations, practices, and strategies are welcome, presenters are encouraged to address the following topics:
- Improving reading comprehension
- Improving math fundamentals
- Improving writing skills
- Cultivating effective classroom climates
- Crafting better evaluations and assessments
- Having great classroom discussions
- Getting students to prepare for class
- Getting students to work effectively in groups
- Teaching to diversity
- Overcoming apathy
- Strategies for students with disabilities
- High impact icebreakers
- Designing grading rubrics
- Better syllabus strategies
- Integrating instructional technology
Visit https://randolphcollegetips.wordpress.com for more information, to RSVP for the workshop, and/or to submit a presentation proposal.